Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Old and New

Hello!

Today I made a card to participate in the Retro Rubber Challenge. The theme is May Flowers.  Click on the link to play along.

The stamp set I used today is called Field Flowers.  I believe this Stampin' Up! stamp was first released in 2011  and retired in 2014.  I also used En Francais (2007) and Happy Watercolor (2014). That tiny sentiment, which I really love because of the size, is from an old  Sale-A-Bration called  Happy Moments.

I love this challenge because I go back to view my older stamps to select one to use for the challenge. I feel that I don't get enough use out of many of my stamps.  This challenge allows me to re-visit and use the images again.,

Here is my submission for the challenge:


I named this post "Old and New".  The stamps sets are old, but I used the brand new Stampin' Up! in-color, Sweet Sugarplum.  This will be available on June 1, 2016.

The Field Flowers is a 2 step stamp set.  I used Sweet Sugarplum for the first part stamp on the flower blossoms.  The second color on the blossoms is Rich Razzleberry.  The background was stamped with SU Tip Top Taupe,


12 comments:

  1. Hello Diane: WOW!! I also have this stamp set, one of my favorites from SU. And you are right, the Retro Rubber challenge was created just so all of us who have older stamps that we love, giving them a chance to shine again.
    Your card is gorgeous, love the intense colors of this flowers, the beautiful En Francais font it's the perfect compliment.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and for giving the ages of your beautiful stamps.
    We hope you come back again and again with us at Retro Rubber, we can't wait to see what other Oldies but Goodies you have in your stash.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria. I do hope to play along more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Diane! Lots of wonderful details to make this card a real feast for the eyes. I also love using my older stamps with new products! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber and would love seeing you in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic floral card, Diane! I love that floral image and won't be giving it up anytime soon. Using the newest IC with this set does bring it new life. I cannot wait to see what you would do once you get your first June order. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Always a pleasure to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, love the script behind and over-stamping. Such pretty colors! Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flowers on your card. The background really makes the flowers pop. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the illusion of texture here. The whole thing makes me want to touch it! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love how the colorful flowers sit atop the background! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, those flowers are amazing! They almost look real. Love the colors you used, and the script in the background looks fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Diane: WOW!! I also have this stamp set, one of my favorites from SU. And you are right, the Retro Rubber challenge was created just so all of us who have older stamps that we love, giving them a chance to shine again.
    khaadi stitched dresses ,
    khaadi stitched collection ,

    ReplyDelete