Thursday, December 26, 2013

PPA 185

Happy Boxing Day!  Kwanza begins today.  Christmas 2013 is our memory.  Whew!  What a busy time of year!

What do you enjoy more, a Sketch Challenge or a Color Challenge?  I don't think I can answer that question.   Well, this week Pals Paper Arts has a sketch Challenge created byNicole Watt.

PPA185 sketch
And here is my card:
Since February is right around the corner, this card has a Valentine theme.  The card stock colors are Stampin' Up! Real Red and Whisper White.

The red card stock base is 5.5 inches X 8.5 inches, scored at 4.25 inches.   The red strip measures 1 inch X 5.25 inches.  Layered on top of that is a 5/8 " strrip of white.  And then on top of that (because I love to use ribbon) is a layer of Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, embellished with some tiny pearls.

Sneak Peek: The while card stock is cut 5.25 inches X 4 inches and is embossed with the new embossing folder Decorative Dots which will be available as part of Sale-a-Bration, January 29-March 31.  Watch for it...

The Label is stamped in Real Red, using the Label Love stamp set and punched with the Artisan Label Punch.  The Small Heart punch was used for the the center of the label and the other tiny hearts were punched using the Owl Builder Punch.

Please consider joining us this week.  Happy Stamping!






7 comments:

  1. A beautiful clean card, Diane! The hearts are striking against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this clean and simple card, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Valentine card! I need to start thinking about making some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I really love the sweet detail of the pearls on the ribbon. It's all lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comments on my PPA card. Love the clean look of your card. It's a great one to CASE. I also just realized we're both NE girls. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Valentine card and love all the little hearts and the 2 tone look of red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cased your V-Day Card and have my version on my blog here: http://julialuvs2stamp.blogspot.com/2014/01/another-valentine-case.html, thanks for sharing. Love your site and love your work. I gave you credit on my post. <3

    ReplyDelete