Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bleach is "IN"

Have you noticed that bleaching  is being showcased lately?

Here is my submission for the PPA153 sketch challenge
PPA153w-frame
I used Confetti Cream (retired) card stock but you could easily substitute Naturals Ivory or Very Vanilla.  I "bleached" the Early Espresso card stock using the Stamp set Just Believe.  The sentiment is from Curly Cute.  I stamped Happy Birthday twice; once in Early Espresso ink and then stamped over the sentiment with Illuminate ink. 

I sponged the Confetti Cream with Soft Suede. The button is from the Spring Catalog Artisan Embellishments Kit (wish I had more of those buttons!) and I sponged the button a little too.

There's a little piece of Early Espresso tulle ribbon tied with the Natural Linen Thread under that button.  Another version of this card has a different button treatment for a more masculine effect.  This one uses the Brushed Bronze Button.


Most of the card stock edges have been distressed a bit.

If you'd like to give bleachig try, send me an email and we can do some bleaching.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Diane! I love the one with the white button! Thank you for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! I love it when old techniques make the rounds again, how fun! Thanks for having fun with the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both versions! congrats on being a PPA Pick.
    hugs, m

    ReplyDelete